With the onset of HTML5, there is a dramatic paradigm shift in the wake for online media content delivery. For well over 6 years, this industry has been dominated by the proprietary Adobe Flash Player, which has been used to deliver high quality media to audiences far and wide. This reign is coming to a dramatic end as new Open Standard technology takes its place. Yes, HTML5 is here, and we present to you the Open Standard Media (OSM) Player!
Built by Alethia Inc., the Open Standard Media (OSM) Player is an all-in-one media player for the web. It is an industry changing, open source (GPLv3) media player that is written in jQuery to dynamically deliver any type of web media, including HTML5, YouTube, Vimeo, and Flash.
This media player is much different than any other media player on the market, and we are sure you will be happy with the following list of features it offers.
* 100% Open Source and 100% free!
* Written in the popular jQuery framework.
* Dynamic HTML5 content delivery.
* Audio and Video support with the most popular media formats.
* Automatic Flash fallback for non-standard media.
* Easily themable using the incredible ThemeRoller system.
* Seamless Vimeo and YouTube integration.
* Playlist support
* Player to Player communication.