This download is a beta driver providing Microsoft® Windows® Vista 32-bit and 64-bit Beta 2 Build 5384 and Build 5456 support for Creative Sound Blaster® X-Fi®. It is not fully tested and provides limited functionality.
Take note of the following:
* THIS IS AN UNSUPPORTED BETA DRIVER. There is no technical support for this driver.
* We recommend that only experienced users install this driver. Do not install this driver for critical tasks.
* This download supports Windows Vista 32-bit and 64-bit Beta 2 Build 5384 and Build 5456, and may not work on other Vista builds.
Current release features:
* X-Fi Crystalizer™
* AC-3/DTS decoding (only in Windows Vista 32-bit)
* MIDI Playback
* EAX Effect
* Smart Volume Management
* Headphone detection
* PCM stereo output through optical out
* When switching modes, a duplicate entry of the \"X-Fi Crystalizer\" tab in Audio Console appears. To resolve this issue, close and open Audio Console.
* To configure your speakers, you can use only \"Audio Devices and Sound Themes\" in Control Panel.
Note: 6.1 speaker mode is not available in this download.
* Disabling and enabling your audio card in Device Manager causes an error message to appear and stops audio output. To resolve this, restart your computer.
* Waking your computer from sleep mode stops audio output. To resolve this, restart your computer.
* X-Fi CMSS®-3D features are not available in this download.
* Recording features are not available in this download.
* To allow PCM stereo output through optical out, select the Enable Digital I/O check box in \"Audio Devices and Sound Themes\" in Control Panel.
* Windows Vista 32-bit or 64-bit Beta 2 (Build 5384 or Build 5456)
* Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi audio card
* To install the driver, do the following:
1. Download the EXE file into your local hard disk.
2. Double-click the downloaded file.
3. Follow the instructions on the screen.
* For more information on Microsoft Windows Vista, see www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/
* For Windows Vista 64-bit users, read the Readme.txt in this download before installing the driver.