My Anchor Watch aims at being the best and most reliable Safety Tool of its kind for yachters. Extremely low battery consumption was a high priority design requirement.
My Anchor Watch is your personal Anchor Watch. It is easy to use, and will give you peace of mind while at anchor. For sail- and power-boats.
While you are on board, you should relax and enjoy yourself, and not worry about whether the anchor will hold or not. Let My Anchor Watch do the worrying for you.
My Anchor Watch makes sure that you are alerted if the anchor fails to hold, and starts dragging.
When you are lying in your bunk at night, you can easily use My Anchor Watch to check that the boat is still where you expect it to be.
As the GPS can be one of the major battery users on an Android phone, every effort has been made in this program to reduce the battery consumption to an absolute minimum.
The battery is conserved by having the app running in the background, and by letting the user optionally configure a slow (selectable) GPS Update Rate.
After the Anchor has been set, you can close the User Interface (UI) screen, letting My Anchor Watch continue running in the background, saving power. After a while you will learn to interpret the various warning sounds, such as the GPS Status Warning signal, which occurs if there is a non-fatal issue with the GPS, or if its accuracy becomes too low.
When your boat (at anchor) exceeds the Drift Limit (also called Scope) set by you, an Alarm is activated.
Access to the Internet or a Telephone Network is normally not required, also for the sake of saving the battery. If you want My Anchor Watch to send SMS Messages, however, you need access to the Telephone Network.
My Anchor Watch can also be used as an Emergency Navigator.
Have it with you at all times, also when you are a guest on other yachts. For your own sake, and for the safety of your host and his crew. Help them to stop worrying about their anchor.
- GPS Reception
- Display of Boat Position and Anchor Position
- Display of GPS Status and Accuracy
- Display of GPS Track History
- Display of User Settings/Configurations
- New Graphical Swing View shows how your boat is swinging
- Alarm when boat exceeds set Drift Limit or at GPS failure
- Vibrator Alarm
- Audible Alarm
- Optional selection of your own Audible Anchor Alarm sound/signal/tune
- Optional Automatic Resetting of the Anchor Alarm
(when the Alarm Condion becomes false)
- Audible and Visual Warnings at non-fatal GPS issues
(such as poor accuracy and temporary unavailability)
- Optional sending of an SMS message to another phone
when the Anchor Alarm is Activated and/or Reset.
- Returning an SMS Status Message (including the Boat Position (in the selected Format), Alarm Status and all other Statuses and Settings) when an SMS Message is received from another phone - with the selected/settable Password
- All sounds and indications are configurable
- Configurable GPS Update Rates (can even be set to 0)
- Optional Manual Check of Drift at any time
- Configurable Position Formats
- Optional Shaking of phone available to Reset the Alarm
- Selectable Nautical Units
- All configuration settings are permanently saved
- All processing done in the Background
- Low Battery consumption
- Optional use as an Emergency Navigator