The display driver included in this package is for Microsoft Windows 2000. This driver may be used with ATI products based on the RAGE 128 / RAGE 128 PRO.
* ALL-IN-WONDER 128 PRO
* ALL-IN-WONDER 128
* RAGE FURY PRO
* RAGE FURY
* RAGE MAGNUM
* XPERT 2000 PRO
* XPERT 2000
* XPERT 128
* XPERT 99
There are two phases to the installation of a driver that has been downloaded from the ATI WEB site.
The first phase occurs when you run the W2K_R128_5_13_01_3279.exe program.
This phase creates a temporary directory on the system disk and unpacks all the individual files that make up the ATI software bundle.
In the second phase the ATI SETUP program is launched from the temporary directory created in the first phase. ATI SETUP installs the software (from the temporary directory) into the operating system.
a) You must download W2K_R128_5_13_01_3279.exe and save it to a directory on your systems hard disk.
For example C:\temp is a common directory used to initially save a file into.
b) Once you have downloaded W2K_R128_5_13_01_3279.exe,
* Close all programs
* Click the START button and select the RUN menu item.
* Click the BROWSE button.
* Browse to the directory where W2K_R128_5_13_01_3279.exe was saved.
* Select W2K_R128_5_13_01_3279.exe and click OK to run the program.
* Follow the instructions on the screen.
! The individual files will be unpacked and placed into a directory on your hard disk. The default path for this directory is C:\ATI\support\W2K_R128_5_13_01_3279\
! After copying the files to the hard disk the INSTALLATION program will launch. You may choose to abort the INSTALL process at this point. (If you abort, no software will be installed into Windows.)
Manual Installation instructions after running W2K_R128_5_13_01_3279.exe
* Start Windows.
* Click the START button.
* Click the RUN menu item.
* Click the BROWSE button. Browse to the directory where the files were unpacked after running W2K_R128_5_13_01_3279.exe. (The default directory is C:\ATI\support\W2K_R128_5_13_01_3279)
* Select SETUP.EXE and press OK.
* Follow the instructions displayed in the help.